Whether you’re navigating the rugged terrains of Patagonia, exploring an untamed Backcountry Discovery Route in the USA, or venturing deep into the heart of Africa, this checklist is your culinary compass for the camping ADV motorcyclists.
We've curated a list of essential cooking gear, easy-to-pack foods, and other unforgettables that cater to the needs of those who've tasted the thrill of worldwide motorcycle camping.
Here’s the ADV Motorcyclist Cooking Checklist, so you don’t forget anything en route to some campfire cooking ahead of your next epic adventure tour.
We’ve also included at the bottom a link to download a printable PDF so you never forget a thing.
- Camping stove (portable and lightweight)
- Fuel canisters
- Fire starters or waterproof matches
- Compactable cooking pots and pans
- Collapsible silicone or stainless-steel bowls
- Compact cutting board
- Heat-resistant gloves
- Cooking utensils (spatula, tongs, whisk)
- Can opener and bottle opener
- Camping coffee maker or percolator
- Non-perishable pantry staples (pasta, rice, quinoa)
- Canned goods (beans, vegetables, sauces)
- Dried Fruits and/or vegetables
- Dried herbs and spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder)
- Cooking oil (in a spill-proof container)
- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, hot sauce)
- Instant coffee or tea bags (or ground coffee/loose tea)
- Sweeteners (sugar, honey, maple syrup)
- Non-dairy creamer (powdered or liquid)
- Snacks (trail mix, nuts, granola bars)
Fresh Ingredients (as per your preference and availability)
- Meats (pre-cooked or vacuum-sealed for convenience)
- Small-sized potatoes
Food Storage and Preparation
- Insulated cooler or cooler bag
- Reusable food storage containers
- Ziplock bags (various sizes)
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Portable spice kit or small containers for herbs and spices
- Collapsible water jug or water storage system
Tableware and Cleanup
- Lightweight and durable plates and bowls
- Reusable utensils (forks, spoons, knives)
- Compact and collapsible cups or mugs
- Dishwashing soap (biodegradable)
- Scrub brush or sponge
- Portable sink or basin for washing dishes
- Trash bags for proper waste disposal
With this adventure motorcycle cooking checklist, you'll be well-equipped to prepare delicious meals during your motorcycle camping escapades.
And, of course, adapt the checklist based on your personal preferences and dietary needs.